Based in our Byron Bay HQ
Assistant Designers lend both creative and practical support to fashion designers, and are of paramount importance to a strong design team. Auguste are looking for a unique Design Assistant with a keen eye for trends, a comprehensive understanding of the industry and an ability to communicate within a team dynamic and work intimately with the brand’s Creative Director.
Applicants must have a minimum of 1 year experience, with a diploma or degree in the relevant field and an optimistic and hard working attitude, hungry to be in the fashion industry.
Duties will include, but are not limited to…
- Presenting research and mood boards on inspiration, trends, customer, shapes and fit, colour, prints etc
- Organize and archive fabric, trim, and original store bought sample library for easy access and reference
- Communicating new technical and creative ideas to designer, from research sourced
- Sourcing new fabrics, trims and construction details and compiling all information creating comprehensive archives of all information
- Development of trims for specific garment categories
- Creating visual line plans for each season to enable designer to create balanced and fully considered ranges
- Assistance in print setup and pantone selection, creating artwork specs for suppliers
- Using Illustrator and Photoshop to create technical drawings and drop in artwork
- Strong experience in Photoshop and Illustrator necessary.
To apply, please send your CV, Resume & Portfolio to Olivia at email@example.com
Please note we will only reply to applicants who are successful in making it to the first round of interviews.